Contamination and lab-acquired infections are a risk to your health, your animals, and your research
If a virus gets loose in a rodent population, the impact can be devastating on both data quality and colony health. IMPACT™ rodent pathogen testing screens any material designated for introduction to mice against murine infectious agents.
IMPACT™ delivers a swift, accurate response while still providing the same level of security needed when introducing animals into a vivarium.
Minimize the risk of an outbreak with reliable microbiological rodent pathogen testing
IMPACT™mis a comprehensive biosecurity program designed for vivariums and anywhere research mice are in use. IMPACT™ features:
- 99% sensitivity (1-10 copy)
- Precise real-time PCR technology
- High (12,000nL) PCR reaction volume to increase diagnostic performance
- Detectection of Mycoplasma spp. contamination
- Automatic re-test of all positive results
- Multiple controls (Nucleic acid extraction, positive, negative, and inhibition controls) on every plate
- Highly specific probes designed by industry experts
The IMPACT ™ difference
Our real-time PCR testing uses high reaction volume to guarantee reliability. Plus, there is no need for preamplification steps that would introduce additional risk for a false positive.
- Only a single sample is required
- Fast turnaround time - three days or less
- Does not depend on other variables
- Peer-reviewed superiority in sensitivity and specificity to MAP
- Single assay per each infectious agent, no microarray technology
Minimize the risk of an outbreak
with IMPACT™ testing.
Contact IDEXX BioAnalytics to get started today.